VOLUNTEER ETHICAL BEHAVIOR STANDARDS
As a volunteer with the UMCH, you will not:
1) Participate in sexual activity with any minor program participant whether consensual or non‐consensual
2) Strike or otherwise physically restrain or restrict the movement of program participants unless essential for their safety and protection. You will notify your supervisor in the latter case
3) Release any confidential information without permission to do so
4) Provide program participants with any forms of drugs, legal or illegal, unless authorized to do so
5) Misrepresent your credentials and provide services that you are not qualified or authorized to provide
7) Be alone with a single child in an isolated situation where you cannot be observed by other staff and children. The only exception to this would be toileting or medical emergencies, in which case another staff
person should be notified.
Violations of the above will result in an immediate suspension. Should the allegations be substantiated, permanent removal from the volunteer program will result. Should your behavior be illegal, proper authorities will be notified.
It is the policy of the United Methodist Community House to expressly forbid any forms of harassment. The term "harassment" includes, but is not limited to: slurs, jokes, or other verbal, graphic, or physical conduct which relates to an individual's race, color, sex, religion, nation origin, citizenship, age, or handicap. Harassment also includes unwanted sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, unwelcome or offensive touching, or other verbal, graphic, or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
Volunteers who feel they are being harassed in any way by an employee, member, vendor, or other volunteer should inform their immediate supervisor or the CEO. It is the individual's responsibility to bring such concerns to the proper person. Any and all concerns will be handled immediately and kept confidential.
WAIVER: I understand that the United Methodist Community House assumes NO responsibility for injuries of illnesses which I may sustain as a result of my physical condition or resulting from my participation in any volunteer activities, the use of any equipment, exercise, or other activities. I expressly acknowledge that I assume the risk for any and all injuries and illnesses which may result from my participation in these activities. I hereby voluntarily release and discharge the United Methodist Community House, its agents, servants,
and employees from any and all claims for injury, illness, loss, or death which I may suffer as a result of my participation in these volunteer activities.
I understand that the United Methodist Community House in NOT responsible for personal property that is lost, stolen, or damaged while volunteering on behalf of the organization.
I understand that no accident or medical insurance is provided by the United Methodist Community House to its volunteers.
I give my permission to the United Methodist Community House to use, without limitation or obligation, photographs, film footage, or tape recordings which may include my image or voice for purposes of promoting the organization and its programs.